WHAT IS THE MESSAGE OF IMAGINE CHURCH?
THE MESSAGE OF IMAGINE CHURCH IS TWO FOLD. FOR US OUR MESSAGE IS OUR WHY. WHY DO WE DO CHURCH THE WAY WE DO? WHY DO WE EVEN GATHER FOR CHURCH SERVICES? OUR TWO FOLD MESSAGE IS JESUS AND COMMUNITY DISCIPLESHIP. WATCH THIS VIDEO BELOW FOR A FULL PICTURE OF THIS:
WHAT IS COMMUNITY DISCIPLESHIP? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
WHY THE TRIANGLE LOGO? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
1) WHY DO YOU HAVE A TRIANGLE AS YOUR LOGO?
2) WHY IS IT A DOUBLE-TRIANGLE?
3) IS IT PART OF THE AA (ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS) MOVEMENT? THEY HAVE A TRIANGLE IN THEIR LOGO?
4) IS THAT THE HARRY POTTER LOGO?
5) WHY DO YOU HAVE THE ILLUMINATE TRIANGLE AS YOUR LOGO?
SO FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS OUT THEIR ABOUT THE TRIANGLE LOGO, HERE IS A LITTLE VIDEO EXPLAINING IT:
WHAT TOOL/FORMAT DOES IMAGINE TEACH FOR DOING DAILY DEVOTIONS?
- Go to the Imagine App (Find the reading for that day on the Bible tab)
- Pray and ask God to speak to you in the reading
- Read until one of the verses speaks to you, then stop.
- Grab a journal or the note pad on your phone/ipad
- Then follow the S.O.A.P. format
- S. Scripture – Write down the scripture that spoke to you
- O. Observation – Write a sentence of two about what you observed in that portion of scripture
- A. Application – Write down how you personally can apply what that verse spoke to you to your life.
- P. Prayer – Write out a prayer
The entire goal of doing your daily devotions is to 1) Spend time with God (your Creator, Father, Savior) and 2) Have him speak into your life for that day. This is not a “read through the Bible in a year” program. This is not a program that if you miss some days that you have to go back and make it up. Pastors Justin and Janae like to say, “NEVER STOP STARTING”. If you miss some days, start again and pick right back up on the day you are on. Never Stop Starting. There is not shame or guilt if you miss days. The key is just to try and make being in God’s Word a lifestyle. Knowing that the days you spend time with Him will be better.
Here is an example if a S.O.A.P. Journal entry by Sue Gelderman (Imagine Thursday Global Community). Half the year she lives in a loft in Downtown Chicago and half the year in Lake of the Ozarks Missouri:
S. SCRIPTURE – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 – For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught u in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.
O. OBSERVATION – Having just celebrated my 75th Birthday, I find myself thinking more about my mortality and wondering what heaven will be like. This verse is very reassuring. It speaks about God’s promise to come again and provide eternal life. The last verse instructs us to encourage others to be prepared for eternal life.
A. APPLICATION – I will share the opportunity to be apart of Imagine Church with others so they can develop a closer relationship with God. And I will do a Facebook post to share this experience with others.
P. PRAYER – Lord, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be apart of the Imagine Church Community. I will encourage others to take part in this beautiful service. Give strength to our Pastors Justin and Janae so your word can be spread throughout the world. Thank you for sending your Son so that I may be saved. In Jesus’ Name…Amen
Below you can watch a short teaching on S.O.A.P. Daily Devotions by our Pastor – Justin Klatt: